Tools, Craft Supplies, Books, Music

Tools, Craft Supplies, Books, Music
powered by Amazon

Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Custom Search Feature For Crafters

Today I installed what I think is a pretty cool feature on The Greentiques Solution blog.  It is a  Google Search engine that I have customized to better suit the needs of crafters, antiquers, prim collectors, woodworkers, interior decorators, and the like.  You can still search the entire web with it, but I installed some keyword parameters that make this particular search engine more suitable for people of our interests.  The idea here is that when you search for something like "beads" the search engine pulls up beads for crafters and jewelery makers first and foremost.  This way you won't have to sift through countless sites dedicated to an entirely different kind of bead that you don't care anything about.  You can find this feature in the upper right sidebar.  Please give it a try and then post a comment for me.  I am interested in what you think.  By the way, you can see the results of your search without ever leaving The Greentiques Solution blog.  Enjoy!  -Rory-

2 comments:

Pieced Pastimes said...

Rory - Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I gave your 'custom search engine' a try and it's great! I can see this being a very handy tool. TFS

Rory said...

TFS,
You are very welcome and thank you for trying out the new search engine feature. I value you comment.
-Rory-